Study Abroad Mini Grant
Interested in creating a Study Abroad Program?
The Global Education Office is offering three mini grants to faculty interested in surveying locations for future study abroad courses. This $1,000 grant may be used to pay for air travel, local transportation, international insurance, hotel, and per diem.
The grants will be awarded based on destination, solid connections/partnerships with international universities or other institutions, affordability and academic value to students, duration (two weeks or longer preferred), description of main activities, and presence of research or service component.
Awardees of this grants commit to:
- Submit a study abroad course application to the Study Abroad Office.
- Help with the marketing in order to ensure students learn of this new opportunity.
- Create a study abroad course, and get the approval of the Curriculum Committee before the deadline. If a course already exists in the catalog, faculty may use it, provided that its description matches both the area of expertise of the faculty leader, and the content addressed during the field study portion of the course.
- Request authorization for international travel from University President through the Office of Academic Affairs.
- Present receipts for reimbursement to DSU’s International Travel Office (5th floor HCC).
- Use the funds for activities directly related with the logistic arrangements of the course.