Meijo University Exchange Program
Nagoya is located between Tokyo and Osaka and is one of Japan’s major cities with a population of more than 2.15 million. Known as a manufacturing and shipping hub, it also offers more traditional attractions such as Nagoya Castle, Tokugawa Castle and Atsuta Shrine. Enjoy viewing the cherry blossoms at Tsurumai Park in the spring or wonderful museums and shopping year round.
Meijo University is a modern campus with nine colleges with 23 departments and graduate schools in a wide range of academic fields spanning the humanities and physical sciences. Known for research leading to the application of blue light emitting diodes (LEDs), Meijo is a STEM university.
Areas of Study:
Students may begin or continue their study of the Japanese Language with varying levels of language courses offered.
Fluent Japanese language speakers with proper prerequisites may take courses in any area of study.
Courses offered in English listed below, may help fulfill requirements toward the Global Studies emphasis or minor.
- Japanese Literature Studies
- Japanese Modern Culture
- World Englishes
- Japanese Politics
- Japanese Tourism
- International Economics
- Issues in South Asia
- Intercultural Communication
- Japanese Traditional Culture
- Japanese Modern History
- Issues in ASEAN
- Dixie State University Tuition and Fees
- $3,600 Program Fee /per semester
- Mandatory International Travel Insurance
- Airfare (student will book and pay for own airfare)
- Students are responsible for Utilities/wifi, food, transportation and personal expenses
- Guaranteed housing at no additional cost due to discount and scholarship offered provided by Meijo.
- Part-time job as a Communication Partner in Meijo’s Global Plaza
Fall Semester: September – Mid-December
Spring Semester: April – July
December 31, 2018 (for spring 2019 semester)
April 1, 2019 (for fall 2019 semester)
E-mail: email@example.com or call 435-879-4714