Interested in studying abroad but don’t know where to start? Here are a few tips!
Decide if study abroad is the right choice for you.
- How do you feel about traveling to a new country?
- Are you ready to leave friends and family for an extended period of time?
- How will you feel being in a country that doesn’t speak English?
- Do you have time in your academic schedule to study abroad?
Traveling to a new country can make anyone feel nervous, but it can also be one of the most rewarding experiences of your life. Each person handles culture shock and homesickness differently, however DSU offers programs of varying lengths so you may feel like you’re home before you know it! You will also return home with academic credit that can be directly transferred to your degree in most cases.
- Take a look around the website to see what programs DSU offers.
- Consider how to fund your program and reach out to the Financial Aid Office with any questions.
- Consult your academic advisor to determine what credits you need and how study abroad can fit into your degree plan.
- If you have any questions regarding programs or study abroad in general, please contact the Study Abroad office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once you know which program you’d like to apply for, you will need to fill out an application here. You should receive a decision regarding your application at least two weeks after submission.
Prepare for Departure
Once you have been accepted into a program, you will need to pay a deposit and fill out a variety of forms. The Study Abroad office will assist you with these requirements. Shortly before your departure, plan to attend at least one pre-departure meeting with your group.